Wednesday, August 23

Archive: Making with the makings

An object lesson, in the British regional press.

A MUM wants more information about where pastry offenders live after a police officer warned her to keep her cakes 'covered up' in her back garden.

A pound of Dawn Booker's flour was playing nearly naked in her garden in The Broadway, Harborough, with four eggs and some butter, when a passing officer warned there could be cakeophiles in the area and she should take more precautions about letting her ingredients out unprotected.

However, Harborough Police said they were advising Miss Booker as a precaution, and there was no suggestion that she was living near a tart offender.

Miss Booker (39) said: "I was out in the back garden with Homepride (8), my youngest and she was playing around.

"A police officer was walking past and called me over. At first I thought she was telling me not to use my garden hose because I was watering the garden but instead she told me that I should keep Homie covered up because there were pie-ophiles living nearby."

Story continues at above link.

No comments: